Drive VicHealth's online engagement and connection to core audiences
- Join a dynamic team environment within an inclusive workplace
- Contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of all Victorians
VicHealth has championed better health and wellbeing for Victorians for over 30 years. Following a year of tumultuous change caused by bushfires and the coronavirus pandemic, health equity and a focus on health and wellbeing has never been more important. VicHealth’s Social Marketing & Communications teams have a critical role in engaging with and delivering health promotion messages to the Victorian community.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We work with our partners to do everything we can to promote healthy eating, encourage regular physical activity, prevent tobacco use, prevent harm from alcohol and improve mental wellbeing.
The Digital Marketing Team is focused on building engagement with VicHealth audiences across multiple platforms.
The Digital Marketing Lead reports directly to the Digital Marketing Manager and works in close partnership with all Social Marketing & Communications teams to deliver effective, strategic communications.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for strategy and day to day management of our email marketing – including customer segmentation and journey mapping as well as copywriting, email build and post campaign reporting to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
They will also be responsible for managing VicHealth’s paid media activity including SEM.
Other responsibilities include working with Digital Marketing colleagues to manage VicHealth’s websites, oversee digital content creation, and overall analysis of content performance across publications, platforms and channels, identifying trends and areas for development.
You’ll be data-driven and audience-focused. You are comfortable with changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
You possess the ability to use initiative, problem solve and work collaboratively within a strong team environment. You bring strong digital expertise and experience in a similar role.
Closing Date: Friday 26 February 2021
Unit: Social Marketing & Communications
Tenure: Full Time, Fixed Term (Until May/June 2022)
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $87,802 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position Description: Click here
Qualifications and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Digital Communications, Marketing or similar area
- Strong demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Strong demonstrable experience developing and maintaining integral stakeholder relationships
- Experience in data analysis, monitoring and reporting
- Experience working with a Content Management System and updating web content
- Experience building edms in MailChimp and Salesforce/Dashcord
- Experience understanding analytics and A/B testing and using insights to shape content and drive traffic
- Experience using Google Analytics, CMS, and social media for work purposes
- Thorough understanding of, and experience implementing SEO
- Experience in managing paid media including SEM
- Excellent knowledge of digital layouts and design fundamentals and how this influences copy
- Experience working within the communications, public health, community or government sectors with a strong understanding and passion for health promotion issues preferred.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted by clicking here
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Police Check.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood on (03) 9667 1386.