Help lead VicHealth’s strategic imperative to encourage more Victorians to adopt a healthier diet
- Full time, ongoing opportunity for a public health nutritionist
- Work within a collaborative team environment, providing sound technical advice and guidance
- Work with the world’s first Health Promotion Foundation
- Close proximity to Carlton Gardens
Most Australians have enough to eat and recognise the importance of a good diet for health. But we aren’t eating the right foods.
This position provides a genuine opportunity to help guide interventions to support healthy eating for Victorians well into the future.
The Principal Program Officer (Healthy Eating) is a leadership role that helps to deliver one of the five strategic imperatives in VicHealth’s 10-year Action Agenda for Health Promotion – promote healthy eating.
This full time role will oversee key strategy development, project design and drive outcomes in program investments related to healthy eating, including our water in sport and salt reduction initiatives.
Key approaches will look to improve environments, policy, culture and awareness to support making the healthy choice the easy choice.
Reporting to the Manager, Physical Activity, Sport & Healthy Eating, you will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a highly accomplished nutrition professional who excels in providing sound technical advice.
Find out more about us here
Closing Date: Sunday 10 February 2019
Unit: Programs Group
Tenure: 1.0 FTE Ongoing
Classification: VicHealth Grade E
Remuneration: $114,444-$137,573 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position description: Click here
Qualifications and experience required:
- Nutrition/dietetics tertiary qualification essential. Must be eligible for membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia or an RNutr/RPHNutr with the Nutrition Society of Australia
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in public health nutrition policy and practice
- Extensive experience in public health, community or government sectors
- Extensive experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Extensive project and contract management experience essential
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, positive partner, stakeholder and supplier relationships both internally and externally.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted here: https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-VHPPOHEJAN2019
Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.