• Rare opportunity to work on a wide range of rich, complex health issues
• Contribute to our new Future Healthy strategy, focusing on the wellbeing of young people
• Contribute to helping people across Victoria enjoy better health and wellbeing
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the range of lived experience in the Victorian community. Women, indigenous people, people with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Public Relations Lead reports directly to the External Communications Manager and works in close partnership with all Social Marketing & Communications teams to deliver effective, strategic communications.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of VicHealth's media and public relations strategies and presence, including providing media advice and coaching/mentoring across the organisation.
You will be responsible for writing and editing media/communications materials, including media releases, web copy, fact sheets, social media posts, and scripts.
You will also work closely with the CEO office in managing our CEO's media presence.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and a creative mindset, who is comfortable with ambiguity, adopting new approaches, and to changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
The ability to use your initiative, problem solve, and work collaboratively within a strong team environment will also be primary factors that we will be looking for.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 October 2021
Unit: Social Marketing & Communications
Tenure: Full Time, Fixed Term (12 Months)
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $87,802 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or similar area
- Demonstrable experience in a public relations/media/similar role
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in data analysis, monitoring and reporting
- Experience using Google Analytics, CMS, and social media for work purposes
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience working within the communications, public health, community or government sectors preferred.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Police Check and Working with Children check.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood on (03) 9667 1386.