Rare opportunity to work on a wide range of rich, complex health issues.
- Help promote VicHealth’s world-leading health promotion work through media and PR activities
- Dynamic team environment within an inclusive workplace
- Based in a great work location and surroundings between Carlton Gardens and Lygon Street
If you’re excited by the chance to work on issues ranging from preventing childhood obesity and alcohol-related harm to promoting mental wellbeing and our award-winning behaviour change campaign This Girl Can – Victoria, this could be the role for you.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Senior Media Advisor supports and contributes to the health promotion capacity of VicHealth by coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of media and public relations strategies.
The position also provides media advisory services across the organisation, and strong liaison between the organisation and external media.
We’re looking for an experienced media relations specialist with impeccable writing skills, who thrives in a fast paced environment and excels in building and maintaining stakeholder partnerships to deliver creative media and public relations results.
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 9 December 2019
Unit: Marketing & Communications
Tenure: Full Time, Ongoing
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $85,038-$91,536 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position description: Click here
Qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in journalism, communications or public relations
- Strong demonstrable experience working at a senior level as a public relations, journalism or communications professional
- An industry leader in developing and maintaining integral stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated expertise writing media and communications materials including media releases, opinion pieces, social media posts, web copy, fact sheets, speeches, scripts and forewords
- Strong demonstrable experience in coordinating and leading media-related projects
- Ability to confidently brief spokespeople on media interest, advise on message delivery, and prepare issues management contingencies
- Collaborative team-based mindset
- Experience working within the communications, public health, community or government sectors with a strong understanding and passion for health promotion issues preferred.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted to: https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-VHSMANOV2019
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.