Are you passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of Victorians?
- Was one of your New Year’s resolutions to take the next step in your Health Promotion career?
- Highly collaborative, Health Promotion opportunities available
- Close proximity to Carlton Gardens
We are very excited to be recruiting to fill three Senior Project Officer roles within our Programs Group.
- 1x Ongoing, Full Time
- 2x Full Time, Fixed Term (18 months)
If you’re excited by the chance to work with the world's first health promotion foundation, across all of our five strategic imperatives, this could be the role for you!
These positions will have the opportunity to work on health promotion topics spanning VicHealth’s imperative and cross imperative areas to accelerate VicHealth’s work including physical activity, healthy eating, alcohol, tobacco, mental wellbeing, health equity, research, evidence and evaluation.
Where a normal working day can include stakeholder management, policy analysis, development of specific projects, grant-making and contract management activities, you will be kept busy making a real difference to the health of all Victorians.
A focus of these positions will also include continuous improvement initiatives to help maximise our overall efficiency and outcomes and enable VicHealth to continue to be a leader in health promotion.
We are looking for health promotion professionals who have worked across a number of different imperatives.
To be successful in this role you will need to be highly flexible, adaptable, and collaborative in your approach.
These are rare opportunities to work on a number of different areas of health promotion whilst also using your critical eye to identify how we can do things better.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 February 2019
Unit: Programs Group
Tenure: Ongoing/Fixed Term (18 months), Full Time 1.0 FTE
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $82,361 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position Description: Senior Project Officer
Qualifications and experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Health Promotion, Project Management or related field
- Demonstrable experience working in fields related to health promotion policy and practice
- Strong experience working in project management, with contract management experience desirable
- Preferred experience working within the public health, community or government sectors
- Demonstrable experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, positive partner, stakeholder and supplier relationships both internally and externally.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to a collaborative working style
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
When applying for these opportunities, please clearly state at the beginning of your cover letter whether you are applying for the ongoing, or fixed term position, or both.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted to https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-VHSPOFEB2019
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.