Packed with nutrition and energy, veggie fritters make great lunchbox fillers and kids will love cooking them with you!
Vegetable fritters are much easier than you might think and can be stored in the fridge for days. By swapping out 1 or 2 ingredients you can create a different flavour every time.
These tasty bites can be enjoyed on their own, or with a small side salad in the kids’ lunchboxes. You can also include some homemade tzatziki or another low-salt dips.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10-20 mins
680 grams veggies - pick your favourite veggies – we’ve got zucchini, sweet potato, corn
½ cup grated cheese
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour (or chickpea flour for gluten-free)
1 clove minced garlic or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Grate vegetables.
3. Remove excess moisture of zucchini by placing grated zucchini in a clean tea towel, scrunching it together and squeezing until towel is damp.
4. Repeat with the sweet potato - place it in a clean towel and squeeze out the moisture.
5. Whisk the egg in large bowl
6. Add the zucchini, sweet potato and corn to the bowl and mix together.
7. Add the cheese, flour, garlic and oil into the bowl and combine.
8. Roll mixture into balls and flatten down the top. Each fritter should measure approximately 7cm wide. Place onto baking tray lined with baking paper.
9. Once tray is full, brush fritters with olive oil and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes, until the fritters are golden.
These fritters could fast become a family favourite for lunch or after school snacks.