Applications for JumpStart! Round 2 are now closed
What you'll find on this page
Jumpstart! is the second major investment in VicHealth’s Future Healthy initiative. Together, JumpStart! will create hundreds more community-led initiatives for Victoria’s children and young people (aged 0-25, including families).
We partnered with over 120 community-led projects in the first round of JumpStart! JumpStart! Round Two is all about building healthier communities through sport, active play, art and food. Funding from $3,000 to $50,000 from a share of $2.8 million, with projects to be delivered between March 2023 – March 2024.
Applications for JumpStart! Round 2 closed at 11:59 pm on Tuesday 20 September 2022.
What does this look like?
JumpStart! Round 2 initiatives will creates opportunities for children and young people by responding to one or more of the following challenges:
- Making sport environment more welcoming and inclusive to increase participation
- Introducing people to social and active recreation
- Connecting people through arts, cultural and play-based activities
- Learning about their local food system and encouraging connection through food
And what do you get?
A whole heap of support because we’re in this together. We’ll back your ideas through building your skills. We’ll connect you with like-minded leaders, share insights across communities and be sure you have the resources to make your project the best it can possibly be!
The funding divide
Funding of up to $50,000 for local and youth-led solutions. For projects that will provide more opportunities for Victoria’s children and young people through sport, food, art and active play.
There are 2 tiers of funding:
- Tier 1: $3,000-$10,000 – for tools/resources to strengthen an existing initiative e.g., training, stock, equipment (please note this does not include projects delivering services to children 0-17 years – head to our FAQ to learn more).
- Tier 2: $10,001-$50,000 – for new projects, or to strengthen an existing project delivering on one or more of the JumpStart! challenges (including services to children 0-17 years – head to our FAQ to learn more).
We have a vision of a Victoria where no young person is denied a future that is healthy.
We see a future with vibrant communities, where young people are connected, active, enjoy wholesome food and feel great. A future inspired by, shaped by and shared by the people of Victoria.
Future Healthy is an investment of $45 million over 3 years. Partnering with local communities with locally led solutions right across the state, elevating the voices and experiences of Victoria’s young people to create a healthier future.
Future Healthy will:
- Create neighbourhoods and spaces where people feel safe, welcome and confident to be active
- Improve access to healthy, sustainable, affordable and culturally appropriate food
- Build meaningful social connections and inclusive environments
Most importantly, Future Healthy will engage with young people and their parents and carers every step of the way, so they can share their lived experiences, and help to inform and shape solutions.
This vision is only possible with collaboration and contribution from organisations like yours and from communities across Victoria. Together we have a chance to make a big difference.
Join our mailing list
- If you are an individual or a family, click here to stay in the know.
- If you represent an organisation and don't want to miss out on the latest Future Healthy news and funding opportunities, register your interest here.