VicHealth is putting the call out for Victoria’s best initiatives improving the health and wellbeing of Victorians to nominate for the 2018 VicHealth Awards.
The VicHealth Awards are the state’s highest accolade for health promotion, recognising the efforts of local grassroots projects to statewide campaigns and everything in between.
VicHealth CEO Jerril Rechter said the 2018 Awards have had a major overhaul to make nominating easier and more rewarding than ever before.
“The VicHealth Awards is about showcasing and recognising the magnificent work people are doing in Victoria to keep people healthy and happy,” Ms Rechter said.
“To encourage even more entries, this year we’ve simplified and shortened the assessment criteria, implemented a new online nomination platform and will be holding a webinar sharing tips on how to make a nomination shine.
“In recognition of Victoria’s pioneering efforts to combat violence against women and build support for gender equality, this year we’ve also introduced a new category Promoting Gender Equality.
“I’m always blown away by the diverse and innovative nominations we receive each year, and I can’t wait to see the nominations for our new category Promoting Gender Equality.”
For the first time, finalists will also be invited to present their initiative to other finalists as well as key leaders in health promotion at the VicHealth Awards Showcase, held prior to the Awards ceremony on Wednesday 5 December 2018.
Ms Rechter said the Awards were about bringing the health promotion community together to recognise and share new ways of promoting good health and wellbeing.
“Everyone in Victoria should be given the opportunity to live a happy, healthy life. So, if you’re part of the movement of promoting health – we want to celebrate your work,” she said.
Award categories for 2018 are:
- Promoting healthy eating
- Promoting health through physical activity and sport
- Preventing tobacco use
- Preventing harm from alcohol
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Communications in health promotion
- Improving health through arts
- Improving health equity
- Promoting gender equality (NEW)
- Research into action
Other key information:
- Award nominations are now open and close 5pm, Friday 10 August 2018.
- The Awards webinar will be held on Wednesday 18 July at 2.00pm. People interested can register herehttps://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8530755969467780353.
- The webinar will also be made available after this date for people to watch at a suitable time.
- Nominations should be submitted online where the award categories and full entry criteria is outlined.
- For more information about the 2018 VicHealth Awards visit http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/awards or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Murphy, VicHealth Senior Media Advisor | P: 03 9667 1319 | M: 0435 761 732 | E: email@example.com