Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Half of young smokers incorrectly think roll your own cigarettes are less dangerous
An alarming new survey from Quit Victoria has revealed that almost 1 in 2 Victorian smokers aged 18-29 think roll-your-own cigarettes are less harmful than traditional factory made cigarettes.
Unpack the Salt
Research reveals that many healthy-looking dips are saltier than seawater
This Christmas, partygoers might think they’re eating healthily when they reach for crackers and dip. But new research released today shows that some dips are saltier than seawater, and several cracker-dip combinations deliver more than half a day’s worth of salt in just one serve.
New report identifies trends impacting young refugees and migrants' wellbeing
A new report issued today by VicHealth, CSIRO’s Data61 and the Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (MYAN) has identified the key trends impacting the wellbeing of refugee and migrant young people.
In the news
- 12.02.2018 VicHealth report shows kids spending too much time on devices, not exercising enough MOST teenagers are active for less than an hour a day, and are instead spending more than three hours each day on...… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 10.02.2018 Harriet Shing MP: Active Club Grants to Get More Gipssland Locals Moving Locals can start getting active with Gippsland's active club grants… Gippsland.com
- 09.02.2018 VicHealth funding to help reduce soft drink promotion The City has received a grant from VicHealth to support reducing the amount of soft drink promotion in City-operated leisure centres. The...… Public Now (AU)
- 08.02.2018 Innovative refurbishment more than doubles park visits A newly published study on an innovative playscape in a local Melbourne park shows that installation resulted in more than double the...… Australasian Leisure Management
- 07.02.2018 Sports grants up for grabs Get active and get a sports grant… Bay Post (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 07.02.2018 Eight healthy habits for 2018 If you have been lagging behind the “healthy” start to the new year, don’t despair, it’s not too late to kick start your healthy habits...… Life Begins At
- 07.02.2018 Women’s social cricket returns to Lilydale with Social Sixes A social cricket program encouraging female participation in cricket will launch in Lilydale this month, through a partnership between...… Public Now (AU)
- 07.02.2018 Geelong bid to ditch soft drinks backed by $500,000 VicHealth scheme A BOLD bid by the City of Greater Geelong to phase out soft drinks from sporting venues has been given government...… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 06.02.2018 Bendigo council, in partnership with VicHealth, moves to minimise sugary drinks at council-owned venues The City of Greater Bendigo will reduce the availability of sugary drinks at council-owned venues to tackle rising...… Cowra Guardian (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 05.02.2018 Letters to the editor: February 5 Wimmera Mail-Times letters to the editor: February 5… Bay Post (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.02.2018 Future of footy: AFLW boss Nicole Livingston has eye on the ball THE AFL’s newly appointed head of women’s football has been thrown in the deep end. It’s a good thing she knows how...… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.02.2018 Healthy habits are important for schooling THE start of a new school year is a great time to build healthy habits for your family.… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 30.01.2018 Aussie kids at a standstill Too many Australian children are not doing enough physical activity to maintain good health, a new report reveals.… Victoria University
- 29.01.2018 Salt intake: Australian men infest twice daily recommended amount MANY Australian families have taken the salt shaker off the dinner table, knowing the harm too much can do.… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 28.01.2018 Sandwich fillings can almost exceed daily salt limit for kids COMMON lunch box sandwich combinations can contain almost all of a child’s daily salt limit, with nutritionists...… The Mercury (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News