Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Arts Centre Melbourne and NGV present Monica Bill Barnes & Company's The Gallery Workout
From July 14 to August 18, join New York’s most imaginative dance company and an ensemble of Australian dancers in a 50 minute exercise tour through the corridors and gallery spaces of Arts Centre Melbourne and the NGV, outside of opening hours.
Four teams shortlisted for the inaugural Victorian Design Challenge
Four design teams have been shortlisted for the inaugural Victorian Design Challenge, which asks participants to create design solutions responding to the question: ‘how can we build resilience in young people?’
VicHealth Active Arts Grants
New projects to help Victorians get active through art
Local communities will be supported to increase social connection and get physically active through arts activities as part of health promotion foundation VicHealth’s $250,000 Active Arts Grants initiative.
White Night Melbourne and White Night Ballarat 2017 Program Announcement
White Night Melbourne will return to the streets, laneways and gardens of the CBD from dusk till dawn on Saturday 18 February, 2017 and the inaugural White Night Ballarat will follow on Saturday 4 March, 2017.
White Night Melbourne 2016 - Major Commissions Announced
White Night Melbourne, Australia’s only all night celebration of culture and creativity and a genuine urban adventure returns for the fourth year for one night only on Saturday 20th February 2016 from 7pm to 7am, featuring local, national and international artists and works.
In the news
- 12.04.2019 Facts point to harm fuelled by alcohol … The Australian (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 08.04.2019 Booze companies use online stars as VicHealth calls for social media marketing to be watered down … Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 08.04.2019 LETTER: Women get involved without degradation … Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 05.04.2019 'Fat chicks shouldn't wear lycra': the trauma of being heckled while exercising Tina McCarthy first plucked up the courage to get on a bike when she was in her mid-40s. Donning the requisite latex shorts, she and a...try my luck again about six years later, and I now have an amazing PT." Ms McCarthy's story is just one that reflects the survey that accompanies VicHealth's fitness campaign for women, This Girl Can Week. It aims to encourage more women to give… ABC News
- 04.04.2019 What's on in central Victoria | Week of April 6, 2019 … Bendigo Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.04.2019 Successful launch for Gippy Girls Can MORE women were encouraged to get involved with physical activity over the weekend. A partnership between South Gippsland Shire Council,...women a chance to give a range of sports and exercises a try to increase participation and wellbeing. The program was made possible by a $15,000 VicHealth grant. The program will take place at several locations depending on demand. Saturday’s ses… The Star
- 18.03.2019 This Girl Can Week will be held across Victoria THIS GIRL CAN WEEK TO ADDRESS IMPACT OF SHAMING ON WOMEN’S PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVELS New research from health promotion foundation...). Sport England used National Lottery funding to create the This Girl Can campaign in 2015. VicHealth is the first organisation in the world to license the campaign from Sport England. VicHealth is promoting This Girl Can – Victoria in… Daily Bulletin
- 17.03.2019 Fitness: Women say they are shamed into quitting exercise by partners, children — and other women … The Daily Telegraph (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 16.03.2019 Ballarat mum Sharon Dundas rocks up to show This Girl Can | Video … The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 15.03.2019 This girl, all girls, can get active next week ECHUCA women, it’s time to get hot and sweaty. Local women are being encouraged to jump on board VicHealth’s inaugural This Girl Can Week,...ECHUCA women, it’s time to get hot and sweaty. Local women are being encouraged to jump on board VicHealth’s inaugural This Girl Can Week, kicking off on Monday. Running from March 18 to 24, the week aims to help women overcome the fear of judg… Riverine Herald
- 15.03.2019 Why eating too much salt is easy – and how to cut back | The New Daily Treating yourself to a tasty ham and cheese toasty for a quick work-day breakfast? What about that fast-food weekend treat or ready-meal...one teaspoon of fish sauce burns through a whopping 96 per cent, according to a November 2018 report by The George Institute for Global Health, VicHealth and the Heart Foundation. The George Institute followed up that gloomy news with another rep… The New Daily
- 14.03.2019 Kids hit their stride during walk to school Baw Baw Shire kids have shown getting to school is a walk in the park with more than 1,190 local students from 12 schools participating in...participating in VicHealth’s Walk to School program. The students were among the thousands of Victorian students who collectively walked, rode and scooted more than 1.7 million kilometres to and from school – the equivalent of over 41,000 maratho… Local Government Focus
- 14.03.2019 Wellness and mental health apps: are they worth it? … The Age (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 09.03.2019 Men don’t perceive five or more drinks as risky, study finds A recent study has found that men underestimate the number of drinks that can lead to injury or disease, with some mistakenly believing the...in and spewed it up again,” one research participant wrote. The findings have prompted VicHealth to recently announce about $500,000 new funding to address risky drinking cultures among men in the community. VicHealth’s Men’s Risky Drink… The New Daily
- 07.03.2019 The fight for gender equality in sport is far from over … Brisbane Times (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News