Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Initiative to boost health and jobs in Latrobe Valley
Transitioning the Valley initiative to boost Latrobe Valley health and jobs
The poll is closed, the people of Latrobe Valley have spoken and Transitioning the Valley has been named the winner of the VicHealth Community Challenge, seeing off strong competition from ALT_ART and ‘Get Stuffed’.
VicHealth joins regional communities to look at new ways to address health issues
VicHealth is teaming up with the Victorian Regional Community Leadership Program Secretariat (VRCLP) to hold conversations with local community leaders across regional Victoria this week (15 to 18 March) about how the whole community can work better together to tackle important local health promotion issues.
Active Club Grants
Vichealth’s local sports club grants support increased participation for all Victorians
Local sport and active recreation clubs across Victoria are encouraged to apply for VicHealth’s Active Club Grants to increase the number of people participating in their clubs and contribute to a healthy Victorian community.
Disadvantaged Australians most at risk of obesity
Lower socioeconomic groups are now the most likely to become overweight or obese. It is predicted that in 11 years, 44 per cent of people with the greatest disadvantage and least resources will be obese, compared to 31 per cent of those with the most resources.
In the news
- 09.08.2018 Grants aim to get more people moving Funding to help get women, girls or people who aren’t physically active into sports is now available to sporting clubs in Benalla. State...<br/><br/>of this pressure.’’ Local clubs that have successfully applied for VicHealth funding in the past include Benalla Bowls Club, Benalla Saints and Benalla Hockey Association. VicHealth chief executive officer Jerril Rechter said … Shepparton News
- 09.08.2018 Rock and Return up to netball Melissa Langley running out centre.<br/><br/>netball, 56-year-old Rhonda Anchen has returned to the courts as part of Rock Up Netball. The Netball Victoria program developed in conjunction with VicHealth in 2015, runs every Thursday night through Torquay YMCA and is a “wonderful” initiativ… Surf Coast Times
- 08.08.2018 Input Fitness Frankston extends creche hours to help couples stay fit This VicHealth campaign will hit TV screens from Sunday, celebrating real Victorian women cycling, playing netball,...<br/><br/>This VicHealth campaign will hit TV screens from Sunday, celebrating real Victorian women cycling, playing netball, boxing, skating in a roller derby — and anything else than makes them fit, healthy and happy. Courtesy: VicHealth A TYPIC… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 05.08.2018 Standing desks may be key to reducing obesity rates across Australia Standing desks, sometimes regarded as a health fad, could play a key role in finding an affordable way to reduce...… The Age (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 05.08.2018 Damian Callinan's most-loved character debuts on the big screen in The Merger A decade in the making, Damian Callinan's film The Merger, brings a celebrated one-man show to life on the big...<br/><br/>, just a whack behind the ears, and that was it: I went 'there's a show'," Callinan says. When Regional Arts Victoria and Vic Health commissioned Callinan in 2009 to write a show about racism in regional communities, he took this country footy cl… The Sydney Morning Herald (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 01.08.2018 Letter: Victoria’s health awards to recognise promotion ORGANISATIONS making Victoria a happier and healthier place to live have two weeks left to nominate for the 2018...<br/><br/>place to live have two weeks left to nominate for the 2018 VicHealth Awards. ORGANISATIONS making Victoria a happier and healthier place to live have two weeks left to nominate for the 2018 VicHealth Awards. The VicHealth</em… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 30.07.2018 VicHealth initiative to help sporting organisations engage with teenagers VicHealth’s new $6 million Growing Participation in Sport program is looking to find new ways for teenagers to be active and healthy. The...<br/><br/>with VicHealth February 1, 2018 - VicHealth announces Active Club Grants to get more Victorians moving March 3, 2018 - VicHealth calls for Australia’s supermarkets to take action on obesity August 10, 2015 - VicHealth</em… Australasian Leisure Management
- 26.07.2018 Festival and food to get kids moving A new $6 million dollar VicHealth program, Growing participation in Sport, aims to get close to 60,000 less-active teenagers off their...<br/><br/>activity yet these teen-friendly activities are part of a major new VicHealth program shaking up traditional sport to get teenagers active and healthy. The new $6 million Growing Participation in Sport program comes after a VicHealth re… Surf Coast Times
- 26.07.2018 Good News Keep quiet. Don't run. See as many exhibits as you can — art galleries and museums have always had strict sets of rules and expectations....<br/><br/>really free in this workout, you don't have to do any of that stuff, and we choose which artworks you look at." VicHealth chief executive Jerril Rechter said there were health and emotional benefits to taking part. "The Gallery Workout… ABC [The Drum]
- 25.07.2018 Smoking levels way too high – VicHealth MORE than 20 per cent of people in the Loddon-Mallee region continue to smoke and VicHealth chief executive...<br/><br/>and VicHealth chief executive officer Jerril Rechter says it is “critical” that smoking rates decrease. Loddon-Mallee smoking levels are more than 20 per cent. MORE than 20 per cent of people in the Loddon-Mallee region continue… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 24.07.2018 Women to get back in touch with active life Warrnambool Touch Football Association is hopeful teaming up with VicHealth will pay off two-fold.<br/><br/>Warrnambool Touch Football Association is hopeful teaming up with VicHealth will pay off two-fold.… The Area News (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 23.07.2018 Grants boost invaluable for juniors at Geelong Soccer Club IT’S fair to say the girls from Geelong Soccer Club have got the ball on a string. With 50 “touch training balls”...<br/><br/>IT’S fair to say the girls from Geelong Soccer Club have got the ball on a string. With 50 “touch training balls” in their grasp, courtesy of the VicHealth Active Club Grant, the budding junior players are able to hone their craft off the pitch.… Geelong Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 18.07.2018 Push for smoke-free Australia READING LEVEL: RED… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 12.07.2018 Counting the cost of family violence Violence against women and their children is costing Australia $21.7 billion each year, with governments carrying more than a third of the...<br/><br/>of improving equality between women and men will be felt by everyone in our community, not just victims, into the future.“ said Jerril Rechter, CEO of VicHealth. “Significant and ongoing investment in prevention is required if we want t… Pakenham Gazette - Star Community
- 10.07.2018 NHMRC funding for prevention research The NHMRC has awarded $7.7 million to the Australian Prevention Partnership Centre to continue its work on the prevention of...<br/><br/>Department of Health, the Health Departments of New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia and Tasmania, Cancer Council Australia and the Victorian Health Promotion Foundation, VicHealth, bringing the total value of t… Health Dispatch
Updates from Meltwater News