Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Initiative to boost health and jobs in Latrobe Valley
Transitioning the Valley initiative to boost Latrobe Valley health and jobs
The poll is closed, the people of Latrobe Valley have spoken and Transitioning the Valley has been named the winner of the VicHealth Community Challenge, seeing off strong competition from ALT_ART and ‘Get Stuffed’.
VicHealth joins regional communities to look at new ways to address health issues
VicHealth is teaming up with the Victorian Regional Community Leadership Program Secretariat (VRCLP) to hold conversations with local community leaders across regional Victoria this week (15 to 18 March) about how the whole community can work better together to tackle important local health promotion issues.
Active Club Grants
Vichealth’s local sports club grants support increased participation for all Victorians
Local sport and active recreation clubs across Victoria are encouraged to apply for VicHealth’s Active Club Grants to increase the number of people participating in their clubs and contribute to a healthy Victorian community.
Disadvantaged Australians most at risk of obesity
Lower socioeconomic groups are now the most likely to become overweight or obese. It is predicted that in 11 years, 44 per cent of people with the greatest disadvantage and least resources will be obese, compared to 31 per cent of those with the most resources.
In the news
- 03.05.2018 Screen agers and sleep woes CAPTION: New research has shows that the average Victorian teenager isn’t getting enough sleep thanks to smart phones, caffeine and stress,...… Surf Coast Times
- 29.04.2018 It’s time to ReThink the Drink The project will also be rolled out in Ballarat, Morwell and Geelong.… Bay Post (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 17.04.2018 When exercising, more than 50% of women worry about being judged, reveals study ‘This Girl Can’ campaign encourages women to get active Tina’s powering on a bike in her lycra, 54-year-old Sally throws a netball,...… The Indiansun
- 13.04.2018 Jan Juc surfer stars in campaign encouraging women to get active LISA may have spent her whole life around the water, but she didn’t have the confidence to pick up a surfboard...… The Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 13.04.2018 This girl definitely can WOMEN in Northern Victoria will be inspired to get active thanks to the powerful new campaign This Girl Can – Victorialaunched this week by...… The Shepparton Adviser
- 12.04.2018 Come-and-try night for fun version of hockey A new six-a-side version of hockey is being launched in Ballarat. Hockey Victoria will introduce J-Ball with a...… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 11.04.2018 Deb v Doubt: Ballarat mum joins edgy campaign to get women jiggling | Video DEB Clark stared down her own doubt and fear of judgment in a year of training to do a handstand for her daughter....… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 09.04.2018 Bystander research guides Victoria's family violence strategy Deakin research on the effectiveness of bystander intervention is underpinning a new campaign to reduce Victoria’s incidence of family...… Deakin University
- 09.04.2018 Underage drinkers getting 'smashed' on cider that 'looks and tastes' like soft drink A flavoured alcohol that offers eight standard drinks for as cheap as $4 could pose a serious risk of underage drinkers, experts are...… 9News
- 08.04.2018 How fear of judgment holds women back from exercise and sport A new campaign addresses the anxieties that prevent three in five Australian women from being active… The Guardian
- 07.04.2018 $4 for eight drinks: the rise of heavy cider among young drinkers For a cider, there isn't much flavour of apples or pears. It's more like a pre-mixed alcopop, say a bourbon and...… WAtoday.com.au (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 07.04.2018 No limits for girls when it comes to sport HERE’S a question for the women and girls of Sunraysia: when was the last time you chose not to take part in...… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 06.04.2018 Children need physical activity without extra pressure There has been a lot of sport in the news lately. From the cricketers to the Commonwealth Games, our interest in...… The Australian (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.04.2018 A light bulb moment? Get funding Health promotion foundation VicHealth is challenging sports organisations and local councils to develop new ideas to get Victorians active...… Mysportslink
- 31.03.2018 Screen-addicted teenagers putting health at risk AUSSIE teens are getting nowhere near enough exercise as they refuse to get off their phones and get moving.… The Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News