Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Four teams shortlisted for the inaugural Victorian Design Challenge
Four design teams have been shortlisted for the inaugural Victorian Design Challenge, which asks participants to create design solutions responding to the question: ‘how can we build resilience in young people?’
Tomorrow Me - Young workers gamification project
Using games to help boost young workers' resilience
Young Victorian workers will soon be able to use their smartphones to help guide them through an increasingly turbulent job landscape as part of the Victorian Government’s Tomorrow Me project.
New report identifies trends impacting young refugees and migrants' wellbeing
A new report issued today by VicHealth, CSIRO’s Data61 and the Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (MYAN) has identified the key trends impacting the wellbeing of refugee and migrant young people.
VicHealth Active Arts Grants
New projects to help Victorians get active through art
Local communities will be supported to increase social connection and get physically active through arts activities as part of health promotion foundation VicHealth’s $250,000 Active Arts Grants initiative.
In the news
- 03.05.2018 Screen agers and sleep woes CAPTION: New research has shows that the average Victorian teenager isn’t getting enough sleep thanks to smart phones, caffeine and stress,...… Surf Coast Times
- 29.04.2018 It’s time to ReThink the Drink The project will also be rolled out in Ballarat, Morwell and Geelong.… Bay Post (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 17.04.2018 When exercising, more than 50% of women worry about being judged, reveals study ‘This Girl Can’ campaign encourages women to get active Tina’s powering on a bike in her lycra, 54-year-old Sally throws a netball,...… The Indiansun
- 13.04.2018 Jan Juc surfer stars in campaign encouraging women to get active LISA may have spent her whole life around the water, but she didn’t have the confidence to pick up a surfboard...… The Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 13.04.2018 This girl definitely can WOMEN in Northern Victoria will be inspired to get active thanks to the powerful new campaign This Girl Can – Victorialaunched this week by...… The Shepparton Adviser
- 12.04.2018 Come-and-try night for fun version of hockey A new six-a-side version of hockey is being launched in Ballarat. Hockey Victoria will introduce J-Ball with a...… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 11.04.2018 Deb v Doubt: Ballarat mum joins edgy campaign to get women jiggling | Video DEB Clark stared down her own doubt and fear of judgment in a year of training to do a handstand for her daughter....… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 09.04.2018 Bystander research guides Victoria's family violence strategy Deakin research on the effectiveness of bystander intervention is underpinning a new campaign to reduce Victoria’s incidence of family...… Deakin University
- 09.04.2018 Underage drinkers getting 'smashed' on cider that 'looks and tastes' like soft drink A flavoured alcohol that offers eight standard drinks for as cheap as $4 could pose a serious risk of underage drinkers, experts are...… 9News
- 08.04.2018 How fear of judgment holds women back from exercise and sport A new campaign addresses the anxieties that prevent three in five Australian women from being active… The Guardian
- 07.04.2018 $4 for eight drinks: the rise of heavy cider among young drinkers For a cider, there isn't much flavour of apples or pears. It's more like a pre-mixed alcopop, say a bourbon and...… WAtoday.com.au (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 07.04.2018 No limits for girls when it comes to sport HERE’S a question for the women and girls of Sunraysia: when was the last time you chose not to take part in...… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 06.04.2018 Children need physical activity without extra pressure There has been a lot of sport in the news lately. From the cricketers to the Commonwealth Games, our interest in...… The Australian (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.04.2018 A light bulb moment? Get funding Health promotion foundation VicHealth is challenging sports organisations and local councils to develop new ideas to get Victorians active...… Mysportslink
- 31.03.2018 Screen-addicted teenagers putting health at risk AUSSIE teens are getting nowhere near enough exercise as they refuse to get off their phones and get moving.… The Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News