This website allows you to explore health indicators for people in Victoria.
VicHealth's Explore Your Data tool allows you to view information about the health and wellbeing of Victorians. You can see the overall results for the state or filter by region and various demographics. By focusing on key indicators of health such as physical activity levels, rates of alcohol consumption, and life satisfaction, we can help understand the needs of different parts of our community.
Indicators can be examined across geographic regions including:
- The whole of Victoria
- All 79 Local Government Areas (LGA)
- Region types in Victoria (inner metro, middle metro, outer metro, regional city, small shire, and large shire).
Indicators can also be examined using one or two of the following demographic factors simultaneously:
- Employment (current main activity)
- Language other than English spoken at home (LOTE)
- Country of birth
- Self-reported disability
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status
- Household structure
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) score
- Internet access
Please note that results that represent groups of 15 respondents or less are not adequately representative and will be presented as 'Sample too small'. Additionally, confidence intervals and tests of significance differences are not presented, therefore caution is advised when interpreting the tables.
Help on how to use the Explore Your Data website.
More information about the survey and Explore Your Data website.
Detailed information about the interpretation of these indicators and the survey methodology is presented in the VicHealth Indicators Report 2015.