A summary of the latest published research examining violence against women in Australia and its prevention.
Download: Violence against women in Australia Research Summary (PDF, 316KB)
This publication presents a synopsis of the latest published research examining violence against women in Australia and its prevention. This summary focuses on:
- the extent of violence against women
- population groups at risk
- the health, economic and other consequences of the problem
- factors that underlie and contribute to violence against women
- themes for action to prevent violence against women from happening in the first place.
This research summary is one of a series which includes data relevant to the burden of disease associated with mental illness and mental health problems, and the three factors influencing mental health and wellbeing that VicHealth focuses on in the Mental Health Plan: Arts and social connection; Reducing race-based discrimination; and access to economic resources.