We are a major funder of Quit Victoria and through this investment we support tobacco control activity to reduce smoking prevalence.
Assisting smokers to quit
- Quitline telephone counselling and Quit courses
- media activity and campaigns
- programs supporting communities, such as Aboriginal and multicultural communities.
Working to prevent young people from taking up smoking
- support for legislation to increase the price of cigarettes and restrict tobacco advertising, promotion and selling to under 18s
- smoking prevention education and professional development in schools
- community education programs encouraging adult role models
Working to reduce the number of places where people are exposed to harmful substances in tobacco smoke
- support for legislation to limit smoking in public places
- help for workplaces and public places wanting to become smokefree
Supporting legislative policy change
- collecting and distributing information on tobacco control issues to the public and a wide range of professionals
- participating in research into tobacco control issues
- publishing evaluation findings