This version aims to assist SSAs to build healthier sporting environments that are more inclusive and welcoming of everyone in our community, particularly people with a disability, Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, and women and girls.
Resource 1: Areas for change and levels (79.2KB)
Resource 2: Actions and resources (513KB)
Resource 3: Glossary (82.7KB)
What is Everyone Wins for SSAs?
Everyone Wins is a framework to assist State Sporting Associations (SSAs) build healthier sporting environments that are safe, accessible, inclusive and equitable. Everyone Wins specifically aims to increase the participation in sport of people with a disability, Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities (with an emphasis on new arrival communities), and women and girls.*
Everyone Wins includes components to enable sustainable organisational development and cultural change. These are:
- a series of actions spread across five areas and divided into three levels. Some of the actions are very specific to supporting one or several of the priority population groups and some relate to all communities
- practical resources (fact sheets, templates, guidelines, websites, videos, posters) and examples of good practice in sport to support these actions
- an educational training program focusing on building the capacity and skills of SSAs to promote health through sport
- advice and support from VicHealth and selected agencies
- an interactive Everyone Wins website hosting information and resources and providing a platform for sector communication and learning (currently in development).
* Research tells us that there are also other groups in the community who are under-represented in sport – for example, low socioeconomic communities, older adults and gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. While Everyone Wins will be useful in increasing the involvement of such groups, they are not the focus. Everyone Wins provides policies for consideration to support some of these groups.
About the development of Everyone Wins
Everyone Wins has been developed by VicHealth in partnership with sporting organisations, community groups, representatives from various government departments and academic institutions (see full list of partners here). It is based on an international and domestic evidence review of organisational development activity designed to increase participation in sport. Everyone Wins for SSAs is a modified version of Everyone Wins for Clubs and will be trialled as part of the State Sporting Association Participation Program (SSAPP) 2011–14.
What you will find here
Resources will also be progressively developed and added to this site over the coming months. Currently only Level 1 (welcome) resources and actions are included.
The Everyone Wins website is being developed. An announcement will be sent when it goes live.