Guess what? We’re opening a SECOND round of JumpStart! funding on August 23!
JumpStart! Round Two is all about building active communities through sport, art and food.
Together, JumpStart! will create hundreds more community-led initiatives for Victoria’s children and young people (aged 0-25, including families).
But what does this look like? Tell us how your organisation can support young people to:
- get physically active in welcoming and inclusive places
- connect through arts, cultural and play-based activities
- learn about their own food culture and identity and share this with others
We know you have the solutions, and we want to hear them! We’ll back you.
And what do you get? A whole heap of support because we’re in this together. We’ll back your ideas through building your skills. We’ll connect you with like-minded leaders, share insights across communities and be sure you have the resources to make your project the best it can possibly be.
Organisations like yours can make it happen. Funding from $3,000 to $50,000 is available from a share of $2 million, with projects to be delivered between March 2023 – March 2024.
And we’re making the application process easier and simpler than ever before.
9am, Tuesday 23 August 2022
11.59pm, Tuesday 20 September 2022
How to get prepared
Psst, want to get a head start? Great, here's some things you can do now:
- Register your details via our Stakeholder Portal - all applications must be submitted via this portal. Register your details now so you can be ready to hit the ground running when applications open.
- What to expect when applying for VicHealth funding or partnerships – whether it is your first application to work with VicHealth or want to revisit what’s involved make sure you visit this page to understand what to expect.
- Get Inspired: Meet 123 organisations we've partnered with in the first round of JumpStart!. Just like you, these community-led initiatives are supporting young people to reach their full health potential.
- Stay in the know – sign up for VicHealth updates.
And that’s it for now until applications open on 23 August. Easy!
What is Future Healthy?
We have a vision of a Victoria where no young person is denied a future that is healthy.
We see a future with vibrant communities, where young people are connected, active, enjoy wholesome food and feel great. A future inspired by, shaped by and shared by the people of Victoria.
Future Healthy is an investment of $45 million over 3 years. Partnering with local communities with locally led solutions right across the state, elevating the voices and experiences of Victoria’s young people to create a healthier future.
Future Healthy will:
- Create neighbourhoods and spaces where people feel safe, welcome and confident to be active
- Improve access to healthy, sustainable, affordable and culturally appropriate food
- Build meaningful social connections and inclusive environments
Most importantly, Future Healthy will engage with young people and their parents and carers every step of the way, so they can share their lived experiences, and help to inform and shape solutions.
This vision is only possible with collaboration and contribution from organisations like yours and from communities across Victoria. Together we have a chance to make a big difference.
Join our mailing list
- If you are an individual or a family, click here to stay in the know.
- If you represent an organisation and don't want to miss out on the latest Future Healthy news and funding opportunities, register your interest here.