These overview sheets provide background information for each indicator.
These sheets provide a justification for the inclusion of each indicator (or topic area) in the survey. It explains the background of each indicator, how it is a determinant of health, and provides a list of references and additional resources.
Some topics are single indicators (e.g. Green space) whereas others are at a topic level, representing a collection of indicators (e.g. Work, life balance).
The topics covered by these fact sheets are:
- Alcohol expenditure
- Arts participation
- Commute time
- Green space
- Healthy eating (soft drinks)
- Internet access and new media
- Participation in citizen engagement
- Sedentary behaviour
- Sharing meals with family
- Social attitudes that influence health
- Well being
- Work/life balance