Program related questions
How do I write a grant application?
Local Governments are required to complete one application.
VicHealth encourages all Local Governments to complete the application process to achieve shared outcomes. The application should take 10–30 minutes to complete if the Local Government has a clear objective identified.
The Funding Centre provides an overview and a list of other resources on how to write an effective grant application: www.fundingcentre.com.au/help/writing-grant
- Who is eligible to apply?
VicHealth will prioritise funding for up to nine (9) Councils with:
- High sugar sweetened beverage (SSB) consumption (as per the Victorian Population Health Survey), high obesity rates and poor dental health outcomes in their municipality.
- A commitment to improving healthy drink choices such as within the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan
- A commitment to embed changes within policies and practices across Council owned sport and recreation facility canteen/kiosks to support healthy drinks in the longer-term.
- How do I apply?
You can apply online at: http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/waterinsport
- When should I apply?
The Water in sport initiative will open on 27 September 2017 at 10am and will close at 3pm on Friday 27 October 2017.
- What is on offer?
Your Council could share in up to $540,000 in funding over 2018–2020 to:
- Implement ‘nudges’ within multiple community sport and recreation facilities, to demonstrate changes in supporting making water the beverage of choice
- Develop or strengthen Council policies and practices which enable longer-term changes to increase the promotion, access and supply of water across council-owned sport and recreation facilities
Technical system related questions
- I’m trying to register as a New User and encounter the error message’ invalid e-mail password’.
This usually means you have previously registered as an applicant using this email address and created an account. To log back in return to the Sign in screen and enter your email address and password. If you cannot remember what your password was, refer to question 7 in this document to reset it.
- I've forgotten my password – what do I do?
If you already have an account, we cannot retrieve your password but you can request a new password. On the User Login page click ‘Forgot your password. Click here’. A new password will be sent to the email address that you used to register. If you prefer, you can request a new password by contacting the VicHealth IT Helpdesk via [email protected] or (03) 9667 1380.
- I’m trying to login again after registering previously but am encountering the error message Username is not found in the system.
You may be trying to login to the VicHealth website rather than the VicHealth Online Submissions Portal, which are separate registration systems. Check the URL of the webpage you are looking at, if it is this, https://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/account/login, then that is incorrect. Please proceed to https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1262/default.asp?SA=AM to log into VicHealth Online Submissions Portal.
- I’m getting an error message when I try to submit my application.
You may not have completed all of the mandatory fields. The problem entries will be highlighted with a red arrow. If no errors are shown, yet you still cannot submit, please contact the VicHealth IT Helpdesk via [email protected] or (03) 9667 1380.
- I can’t find my draft application. Where is it?
If it’s not under the ‘Show in Progress Applications’ section on the Online Submissions portal screen it has not been saved. You need to select the ‘Save & Finish Later’ button at the bottom of the application form pages otherwise your work will be lost when you click out of the page.
- How can I print my full application before I submit it?
While editing the application, hit the ‘Printer Friendly Version’ link at the top of the page, then select ‘File’ and ‘Print’ from the browser menu (shortcut Ctrl+P in most browsers).
- How can I print my full application after I submit it?
From the Online Submissions portal screen, click on ‘Show Submitted Applications’. Click on the submitted application and click ‘File’ and ‘Print’ from the browser menu (shortcut Ctrl+P in most browsers).
- How can another person from Council manage my grant application online?
Grant applications can only be accessed online with the email and password that were used to register. If you wish to change the registration email address and password, please contact the VicHealth IT Helpdesk via [email protected] or on (03) 9667 1380.
- I keep having to complete the Eligibility and Compliance Check to get to the application form – what should I do?
The Eligibility and Compliance Check needs to be completed before you begin a new application. If you have started an application and selected ‘Save & Finish Later’ you can retrieve a saved a draft copy of the application from the Online Submissions portal screen ‘Show in Progress Applications’. This will allow you to complete a previously saved application without having to complete the Compliance Check.
- My email address has changed. Can it be changed in the Grant Management System?
To change your registration email address, you will need to log in with the original email address and password you registered with, and then locate the ‘Change Email/Password’ link at the top of the page. If you have any further issues please contact the VicHealth Helpdesk via [email protected] or on (03) 9667 1380.
- How do I change or edit the address or phone number of the existing primary contact for Council or grant application?
Once a grant application has been submitted, changes to associated contacts cannot currently be performed via the online system. Please email [email protected] with changes.
- I keep getting the error message ‘Your browser is not configured to support cookies. In order to access this online application form, you must adjust your browser settings to allow cookies’.
- Multiple council-owned sport and recreation facilities with the following attributes:
- Significant community reach
- Frequent use by children and young people including junior sport activities, competitions or programs
- Canteen/kiosk selling SSBs such as soft drinks, sports drinks and energy drinks
- Canteen/kiosk managed either by:
- Private operator with Council’s ability to influence what is offered
- Local league/association/club with Councils ability to influence what is offered
- Be based in Victoria and conduct activities in Victoria
- Have acquitted previous grants awarded to it by VicHealth (to the satisfaction of VicHealth).
This error message has been observed by users who are using the browser Google Chrome. Unfortunately the online submissions portal and Water in sport application form do not fully support the use of Google Chrome. Please try using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer to complete and submit your application form. If you are using Firefox or IE and this error still occurs, please ensure you have cookies turned on. If you have any further issues please contact the VicHealth Helpdesk via [email protected] or on (03) 9667 1380.