VicHealth is supporting the Department of Health and Human Services to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of Victorians during the Coronavirus epidemic.
For up-to-date coronavirus advice visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Cough into your elbow.
- Dispose of tissues.
- Wash your hands with soap afterwards.
- Find out more about the #coronavirus disease in Victoria: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus #COVID19.
Tips on staying connected, engaged and productive
Accurate & Current Health Info
- Australian Government Coronavirus Health Information website – hourly updated advice, recommendations and announcements.
- DHHS has up-to-date advice and information
- Coronavirus National Helpline 1800 020 080 is available 24/7 for those with concerns or seeking information on COVID-19.
- SuperFriend shares some tips to staying motivated when working from home
- Heads Up have a wide range of simple, practical resources, information and advice for individuals and organisations
- Safe Work Australia has up-to-date advice on employer responsibilities in managing workplace risks.
- The Fair Work Ombudsman informs you of rights and entitlements under Australian workplace laws.
- The ACTU offers a suite of advice and resources for workers and employers.
- Employee Assistance Professional Association of Australia provides links & open access to their web-based COVID-19 workplace resources hubs.
- The International Labor Organisation brings together information and resources on the changing world of work.
Managing mental health and wellbeing
- Headto Health - Aust Govt general mental health website with a dedicated COVID-19 mental health support page.
- Australian Psychological Society -tips and resources on coping with COVID-19 anxiety.
- Superfriend - tips to help you maintain mental wellbeing, and offers a COVID-19 support kit.
- Beyond Blue -helpful tips and information on how to look after your mental health
- Life In Mind and the National Mental Health Commission has consolidated mental health resources and information on a dedicated webpage
- SANE has lived experience forums with features on COVID-19.
- Black Dog Institute provides comprehensive advice on managing anxiety and wellbeing and access to online support.
- MindSpot, a government-funded online service, has information on maintaining mental and physical wellbeing during the pandemic.
- World Health Organisation has developed Social Stigma Guidelines for safe reporting on COVID-19, which may be helpful in workplace communications.
- Insight Timer is a free meditation app, available from the App Store
Family & Community
- The Australian Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow and retain employees. This is a time for cooperation.
- The Business Council of Australia lists what its members are doing to assist smaller businesses, the self-employed and the community.
- The Australian Industry Group provides advice on how to mitigate the effects of the virus on your supply chain.
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce & Industry has resources & employer guides for business
- COSBOA provides detailed information about financial assistance for sole operators and small businesses.
And for your kids
- Beyond Blue -Talking to kids about scary stuff in the news
- Nike Training Club - free workouts from strength and endurance to mobility and yoga
- Seven Minute Workout - high-intensity interval circuit routine that uses only body weight
Just for fun
Looking after your mental health
We’re sharing some tips to boost mental wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19).Find out more