VicHealth is supporting the Department of Health to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of Victorians during Coronavirus.
May 2021 update
Covid vaccines in Victoria are being rolled out at a number of different venues. Click here to view a list of vaccination centres from the Department of Health
Updates about how many Covid cases are active in Victoria and exposure sites are being provided by the Department of Health.
For up-to-date coronavirus advice visit Coronavirus.vic.gov.au
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Cough into your elbow.
- Dispose of tissues.
- Wash your hands with soap afterwards.
- If you feel unwell, stay home.
- If you experience any coronavirus symptoms, get tested.
- Click here for information about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Find out more about the #coronavirus disease in Victoria: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-victoria. #COVID19.
Support services available
The Victorian Government is providing the following resources during coronavirus:
Tips on staying connected, engaged and productive
Accurate & Current Health Info
- Australian Government Coronavirus Health Information website – updated advice, recommendations and announcements.
- The Victorian Government has up-to-date advice and information
- Coronavirus National Helpline 1800 020 080 is available 24/7 for those with concerns or seeking information on COVID-19.
Managing mental health and wellbeing
- Head to Health - Australian Govt general mental health website with a dedicated COVID-19 mental health support page.
- Australian Psychological Society -tips and resources on coping with COVID-19 anxiety.
- Superfriend - tips to help you maintain mental wellbeing
- Beyond Blue -helpful tips and information on how to look after your mental health and information about working from home
- Life In Mind and the National Mental Health Commission has consolidated mental health resources and information on a dedicated webpage
- SANE has lived experience forums with features on COVID-19.
- Black Dog Institute provides comprehensive advice on managing anxiety and wellbeing and access to online support.
- MindSpot, a government-funded online service, has information on maintaining mental and physical wellbeing during the pandemic.
- World Health Organisation has developed Social Stigma Guidelines for safe reporting on COVID-19, which may be helpful in workplace communications.
- Insight Timer is a free meditation app, available from the App Store
And for your kids
- Beyond Blue -Talking to kids about scary stuff in the news
Sign up for our e-news to receive updates about our work, funding rounds, and the latest in health promotion.Sign up