Contribute to helping enable all Victorians to increase control over, and improve their health
- Make an immediate impact, using your salesforce and exceptional stakeholder management experience
- Be a part of a collaborative team as it embeds and operationalises a transformational system and process change program.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you have well-developed analytical, problem solving, and stakeholder management skills you will thrive in this collaborative role of Business Improvement Analyst.
This is an exciting fixed term opportunity to showcase your analysis and agile skills by joining a team that has recently implemented a key piece of core business software, based on Salesforce, Tableau and Office365.
The successful candidate will be an accessible conduit, working across all levels of VicHealth to:
- understand, interpret and document business requirements and process improvements
- support business, functional and technical requirements gathering
- work closely with project teams to ensure proposed solutions meet business requirements
- design and coordinate business improvement projects on time, to budget and to quality requirements
- delivery of system and business processes training to internal stakeholders
- provide program wide views of project costs, schedules and resources
- consolidate, aggregate, and analyse corporate performance data to produce reports.
Closing Date: Sunday 28 February 2021
Unit: Corporate Services
Tenure: Fixed Term (Through to March 2022), Full time
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $87,802-$94,510 per annum (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position Description: Click here
Qualifications and experience required:
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role that required strong analytical, reporting and problem solving skills
- Proven Salesforce systems experience and aptitude with the ability to grasp new systems and concepts quickly
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Able to demonstrate experience in applying a continuous improvement focus to processes and systems
- Demonstrable experience in developing and coordinating projects
- Well established written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management, Grant-making, and Procurement knowledge
- Desirable working experience within an Enterprise Program Management Office
- Desirable experience working on Agile scrum projects.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted here
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Police Check.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.