- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end grant round delivery
- Bring systems thinking to VicHealth grant and investment delivery
- Demonstrated strong project, procurement and contract management
VicHealth is the world’s first health promotion foundation. Established by the Victorian Parliament in 1987, we were the first agency of our kind worldwide to utilise a hypothecated tax on tobacco to support independent, long-term, evidence-based health promotion practice, partnerships and leadership. We continue to be a global leader in health promotion, as a Collaborating Centre with the World Health Organization and as a technical partner to UNICEF.
Purpose of the role
We’re excited to be recruiting for a fixed term Grants Lead position, located within our Future Healthy Group.
The Grants Lead supports and contributes to VicHealth continuing to be a global leader in health promotion by bringing together systems thinking and high-quality project and procurement management skills to our health promotion capacity.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Partnerships, Delivery & Investment and works in close partnership with other members of the Future Healthy Group and other units across VicHealth.
We are looking for a highly driven candidate with a can-do attitude and a systems-based mindset. You'll also be comfortable working within a team, working together to achieve required deadlines and targets.
The ability to manage stakeholders, projects, and events, as well as using initiative to problem solve, will all be primary factors that we will be looking for.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Thursday 23 March 2023
Unit: Future Healthy Group
Tenure: Fixed Term, Full Time (until December 2023)
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $91,349 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position description: Download here.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Relevant qualifications and/or substantive experience working in a grant management role
- Demonstrated capability and experience in designing, implementing, and managing all facets of a grant round
- Experience with systems-based approaches in supporting the design of initiatives and activities
- Demonstrated experience within procurement processes
- Demonstrated ability to learn new approaches and apply them in practice
- Experience in supervising/coaching team members preferable.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why you feel that you are suitable for the position and address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted by clicking here.
You may be required to show evidence of an up-to-date Police Check and will require a Working with Children check and proof of up to date Covid vaccination.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.