Are you passionate about contributing to research and evaluation projects that benefit the health of all Victorians?
Utilise your exceptional project management skills within the world’s first health promotion foundation.
VicHealth currently has an excellent parental leave cover opportunity within our Policy and Research Group.
The Senior Research Advisor is an exciting role that reports to the Executive Lead, Policy and Research Group and will help deliver on our five strategic imperatives in VicHealth’s 10-year Action Agenda for Health Promotion.
Where a normal working day can include stakeholder management, research scoping and design, evidence reviews and evaluation, data analysis, grant-making and contract management activities, you will be kept busy making a real difference to the health of all Victorians.
This position is also responsible for providing specialist consultation in relation to integrating best evidence into VicHealth planning and evaluation of projects.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5 August 2020
Unit: Programs Group
Tenure: Full Time, Fixed Term (Until June 2021)
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $87,802 pro rata per annum (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Position description: Click here
Qualifications and experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Health Promotion, Public Health or related field, preferably at a post-graduate level
- Strong demonstrable experience working in fields related to public health or health promotion research
- Strong demonstrable experience working in evaluation and project management
- Ability to provide specialist advice and expertise across the organisation as required
- Strong experience within qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Established skill within SPSS or STATA
- A skilful communicator, you will have excellent relationship development skills that can be used both internally and externally.
How to apply:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted here.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Police Check.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.