Choosing better health does not have to be difficult. Deciding to be active, eating healthy foods, reducing stress, connecting with your neighbours, and dropping bad habits are just some of the little changes that can make a big difference to our health and wellbeing.
The good news is that the best time to make a change is now.
- Say hello to your neighbours and see how they’re going – connecting with the people around you helps improve your mental wellbeing.
- Keep a bottle of water in your bag to stay hydrated. Add some chopped up strawberries or cucumbers for extra flavour.
- Help yourself to choose healthy food – make sure you are not hungry when you go to the supermarket.
- Have smaller portions of food – it will help to keep off the extra weight.
- Feel like you belong – phone a friend, join a community group or volunteer.
- Go for a walk – 30 minutes a day, five days a week, may prolong life expectancy by up to three years.