Most Victorians have enough to eat and understand the importance of a good diet for our health. But some of us aren’t eating the right foods.
We all know it is important to eat a healthy diet, but choosing the right foods can be confusing. There are many helpful tips and tools available to understand more about what we eat.
What you can do to improve your diet:
- Plan your grocery shopping before you hit the supermarket shelves so you don't get distracted by unhealthy choices.
- Keep a range of fresh, healthy snacks at hand that are easy to grab when you're on the go, such as whole fruit, veggie sticks or low fat cheese cubes.
- A great way to pack in lots of veggies is with a hearty soup - they make for great leftovers and can freeze well too.
- Get to know your local green grocer or famers' market to find out what's in season.
- Take the time to enjoy your meals by switching off screens and social media.
Shake the habit: ten tips to reduce salt in your diet
There are some simple steps you can take to cut back on the amount of salt you eat every day.Find out more
Healthy eating apps
Choose from the many smart phone apps that help you to choose healthy foods, understand portion sizes, and track your progress.Find out more