Are you one of the two-thirds of Australians who don’t get enough exercise? It’s time to get active, now.
By being physically active regularly you will enjoy:
- better mental wellbeing and social connections
- reduced chances of chronic disease
- increased energy and productivity
- positive changes to the environments we live and play in, such as reduced traffic congestion and safer neighbourhoods.
Ideas for being more active, more often:
- Take a walk – choose the long route to the station or stop, park further away or jump off the bus or tram a few stops early.
- Count your steps – wear a pedometer and challenge yourself to taking more steps every day.
- Join or start a lunchtime walking group at work.
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator or lift
- Cycle to work or walk your kids to school. Encourage your school to sign up to our annual Walk to School initiative.
- See the activities on offer at Find Your Motivation
Choose from the many smart phone apps VicHealth has reviewed that help you to set fitness goals, choose workouts and track your statistics and progress.Find out more
Get involved with new activities that provide a fun and social way for women to improve their health and wellbeing.Find out more