VicHealth has tried and tested two delicious, fresh mocktails you can easily make when entertaining this summer.
Author: VicHealth works with health promotion experts to create a Victoria where everyone can enjoy better health and wellbeing.
Any information mentioned is accurate at the time this article was first published (16 December 2019).
Thyme for Ginger
3-4 slices of ginger
Juice from a lemon wedge
½ teaspoon of sugar
2 springs of thyme
30ml of cold water
1. Start by muddling the ginger, lemon juice, sugar, thyme sprigs and water together
2. Add to shaker filled with ice
3. Shake and strain into glass and top with soda water
4. Stir and garnish with a sprig of thyme
20ml lychee syrup
30ml lime juice
2 lychees on cocktail garnish stick and sprig of mint
1. Place first three ingredients into jugs and combine well. Refrigerate jugs until ready (and stir again before serving) 2. Place 4-5 crushed mint leaves into glass and fill with ice 3. Pour 75ml of pre-prepared mixture into glass
4. Top with soda water and stir
5. Garnish with mint and lychees on a cocktail garnish (or skewer)