Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Active transport and independent travel important for children
A new study published today in Health and Place has provided novel information on patterns of children’s active transport and independent travel that could be used to help children and adolescents be more physically active in the future.
The countdown to White Night Melbourne 2017 is on - new program highlights announced today
In less than 3 weeks White Night Melbourne will return for its fifth year. On Saturday 18 February from sunset to sunrise national and international artists, musicians and performers will weave a spell over the city in a celebration of culture and creativity. Today new program highlights were announced by White Night’s Artistic Director and Executive Producer, David Atkins.
In the news
- 23.02.2017 Active transport to and from school leads to lifelong healthy habits: study WALKING, riding and scooting to and from school can kickstart a lifetime of healthy habits for children, a study...… The Daily Telegraph (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 16.02.2017 VicHealth supports diverse communities through innovation in sport Health and recreation promotion agency VicHealth is to award sporting bodies a total of over $500,000 through its Innovation Challenge:...… Australasian Leisure Management
- 16.02.2017 Shepparton district is a winner VICHEALTH’S latest Active Club Grants are set to increase female engagement and participation in social sport in the Shepparton District...… The Shepparton Adviser
- 15.02.2017 Turn on the tap for H30 Challenge Indigo Shire Council and VicHealth are calling on residents to sign up for the H30 Challenge and improve their health. Indigo Shire Mayor...… Riverine Herald
- 15.02.2017 A toolkit for a healthier arts sector The long-term aim of the Arts Wellbeing Collective isn’t just about making individuals more resilient; it’s about developing a stronger,...… Performing Arts Jobs
- 08.02.2017 Thousand reasons to speak up Campaspe Shire residents could win a $1000 travel voucher by participating in a community survey on experiences of alcohol use. The survey...… Riverine Herald
- 07.02.2017 Girls and women are being inspired by AFL FRIDAY night at Ikon Park was certainly a night to remember. FRIDAY night at Ikon Park was certainly a night to...… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 07.02.2017 Boost health, fitness and brain power with a ride to school READING LEVEL: GREEN VICTORIA’S pro-cycling superstars are urging* students to ride their bikes safely to school...… Perth Now (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 07.02.2017 VicHealth opens latest Active Club Grants round to encourage women’s sport participation Aiming to get more women and girls taking part in sport while also increasing opportunities to play social sport across Victoria,...… Australasian Leisure Management
- 07.02.2017 Major new initiative targets wellbeing in the arts Arts Centre Melbourne has taken a leadership role in developing a new program, developed by experts, to improve health and mental health in...… Performing Arts Jobs
- 03.02.2017 New Women’s AFL comp kicks a historic goal for health and gender equality If you haven’t already done so, do yourself a favour and watch this delightful one minute ad for the new AFL Women’s (AFLW) competition...… Croakey
- 01.02.2017 Netballers seek to change the game Efforts to improve gender equality in sport are gaining momentum, statewide and in our region. RELATED: Call to...… Bendigo Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 31.01.2017 AFLW, WBBL, Women’s National Basketball players push for more money, respect and rights FEMALE athletes have united in a push for more money, respect and rights on the sporting field. Players from the...… The Daily Telegraph (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 31.01.2017 #ChangeTheGame campaign to boost profile, participation in women’s sport By Stephanie Chalkley-Rhoden Women are being urged to “claim their place” in the sporting landscape in a push to drive up the profile of...… MamaM!a
- 31.01.2017 #ChangeOurGame campaign to boost profile, participation in women's sport Women are being urged to "claim their place" in the sporting landscape in a push to drive up the profile of female sport, improve standards...… ABC Radio Australia News
Updates from Meltwater News