Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
VicHealth's inaugural Leading Thinker initiative shows way towards healthier lifestyle choices
Chief Executive of the UK-based Behavioural Insights Team (BIT), Dr David Halpern, will give a keynote address at the State Library of Victoria today (28 April) as part of his final week as VicHealth’s inaugural Leading Thinker.
Geelong community forum
VicHealth joins Geelong community forum to look at new ways to address local health issues
Victoria’s health promotion body, VicHealth, is teaming up with the Victorian Regional Community Leadership Program Secretariat (VRCLP) and the Committee for Geelong on Wednesday 6 April, to hold a conversation with local community leaders about how the whole community can work better together to tackle important local health promotion issues.
Preventing violence against women
Royal Commission findings show critical importance of primary prevention of violence against women
VicHealth has welcomed the findings of the Royal Commission into Family Violence, which cited VicHealth’s role over the past 15 years in building evidence and developing programs, partnerships and policies to prevent violence against women in Victoria and beyond.
In the news
- 03.05.2016 Tuesday, May 3, 2016 Third-world rail system SO the government thinks we're only worth 1 per cent of the available funding for regional transport? Maybe it's about time we all vetoed the rail services and used the coach lines (not V/Line) as they are more comfortable and definitely more reliable.… The Border Mail (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.05.2016 New site to critique media's coverage of violence against women A new website examining the media’s reporting of violence against women will also aim to educate journalists about the issue against a backdrop of unprecedented public… The Citizen
- 30.04.2016 RSN’s Sporting Women speak to Rayoni Nelson from VicHealth Rayoni Nelson is VicHealth’s Principal Program Officer for Physical Activity, Sport & Healthy Communities, and past Australian Olympian, she competed in the 2000 Sydney games in Badminton.… RSN927
- 29.04.2016 Chris Eccles: buy-in through co-design on family violence by Chris Eccles 29.04.2016 comments(0) Share this post Facebook Twitter Google plus Pinterest Linkedin Mail this article Print this article PEOPLEChris Eccles DEPARTMENTSVic Department of Premier and Cabinet TAGS Chris Eccles, co-design, Family violence, Vic Department of Premier and Cabinet… The Mandarin
- 14.04.2016 Yarriambiack Mayor Ray Kingston delighted with 2016 H3O Challenge success Yarriambiack residents have helped reduce their sugar consumption. YARRIAMBIACK Mayor Ray Kingston has announced the winners of the H3O Challenge. The challenge was funded by Vic Health with support from Deakin University and Yarriambiack Shire Council.… The Wimmera Mail-Times (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 14.04.2016 Sugar tax could save 1600 lives, raise $400 million, Australian research shows A 20 per cent tax on sugar-sweetened beverages could save more than 1600 lives and raise at least $400 million a year for health initiatives, new Australian research shows.… The Age (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 24.03.2016 City of Ballarat develops pilot program to boost walking and riding to school The City of Ballarat will launch a pilot program aimed at increasing the number of pupils walking and cycling to and from primary school. THE City of Ballarat will launch a pilot program aimed at increasing the number of pupils walking and cycling to and from primary school.… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 24.03.2016 Australians eating almost twice the daily recommended amount of salt, new research shows New research shows Australians are eating almost twice the daily recommended amount of salt — despite the fact that most think they are being sensible in their salt… ABC Radio Australia News
- 19.03.2016 Call to ban the burger near schools Two Victorian councils are taking steps to restrict fast food outlets, and want others to follow their lead. New Deakin University research shows fast food is more accessible than ever in poorer areas and around high schools.… news.com.au (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 18.03.2016 Do food choices keep kids on the ball? Netball Victoria is currently taking part in the VicHealth funded State Sport Program which aims to make “the healthy choice the easy choice in community sport settings.” The program provides an opportunity for NetSetGO participants, as well as coaches and parents, to be informed about the… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 17.03.2016 Drink water, not sugary drinks: VicHealth Bendigo residents will notice the benefits, health boss says. CENTRAL Victorians should consider swapping sugar-laden drinks for water, VicHealth chief executive officer Jerril Rechter says.… Bendigo Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 11.03.2016 Words can cause real damage to lives There has been much debate in the media recently about samesex marriage and the national Safe Schools Program. There has been much debate in the media recently about samesex marriage and the national Safe Schools Program.… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 10.03.2016 Many drinking wheelbarrow of sugar In an effort to cut the growing toll of chronic disease, Kidney Health Australia used World Kidney Day to ramp up rhetoric calling for children to choose water over soft drinks.… news.com.au (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 18.02.2016 How to detect the hidden sugar in your drinks Replay Video Upcoming Simpsons Live Episode? Fox has announced that on May 15, Homer Simpson will appear live during a new episode of the animated favorite., for the first time in the storied show's history.… MSN - Australia
- 18.02.2016 The 19 best apps to boost your health and wellbeing | SBS Life Transform your smartphone into a health guru that you can take with you anywhere. From monitoring your fitness, eating better, brain games and destressing, there’s an app for just about everything to help you achieve your health goals.… SBS (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News