Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Destination Wellbeing: VicHealth’s updated Action Agenda for Health Promotion released
VicHealth today released its updated Action Agenda for Health Promotion, detailing how it will achieve its goal of one million more Victorians with better health and wellbeing by 2023.
Funding for women in sport
VicHealth investing in the health and wellbeing of Victorian women
VicHealth CEO Jerril Rechter has today unveiled further details of the organisation’s focus on building gender equality in sport, which includes increased funding to encourage greater female physical activity participation.
Bright Futures Roadshow
Future looks brighter with VicHealth grants for youth mental wellbeing and resilience
Armed with new research forecasting the biggest issues for young Victorians over coming years, VicHealth is visiting regional cities over the next fortnight to offer funding grants for new project ideas that will equip young Victorians with the resilience skills, tools and social contacts to tackle life’s transitions and challenges.
In the news
- 21.06.2016 Kate Jenkins: What we can learn from Eddie McGuire drowning ‘joke’ incident A LOT can be said in 57 seconds. And a lot can be learnt from such a brief exchange.… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 20.06.2016 Wimmera Mail-Times Letters to the Editor - June 22, 2016 Wimmera Mail-Times Letters to the Editor for June 22, 2016.… Stawell Times-News (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 15.06.2016 Forget junk food and gender stereotypes: AFL must show leadership on women’s league sponsors TODAY’S announcement by the AFL of an eight-team women’s competition ahead of next year’s inaugural season is a watershed moment for...… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 12.06.2016 Ballarat betters rivals Bendigo and Geelong in sports participation In organised sport, Ballarat beats Bendigo and Geelong for participation - but we still have lots to learn WHEN it comes to organised...… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 09.06.2016 Valley jobs: VicHealth employment project An innovative project to drive future employment in the area is well underway with several community groups workshopping ideas to boost...… Latrobe Valley Express (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 05.06.2016 What's Melbourne's Best Winter Activity? The rivalry between Melbourne and Sydney is fierce but one thing Melbournians do undeniably better than our northern neighbours is winter!...… Weekend Notes - Melbourne
- 03.06.2016 Redbacks’ fresh new look Copyright © 2016 Star News Group Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved.… Cranbourne News - Star Community
- 18.05.2016 Victorian Health Promotion Foundation study shows fewer 15-19-year-old girls than boys play club sport A VICHEALTH report has highlighted that poor sporting facilities hinder girl’s participation in club sport, especially in the 15-19 age...… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 16.05.2016 Bendigo women offered some me-time Bendigo women are invited to partake in a series of free activities. Bendigo women are being encouraged to indulge in some me-time with...… Bendigo Advertiser (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 03.05.2016 Tuesday, May 3, 2016 Third-world rail system SO the government thinks we're only worth 1 per cent of the available funding for regional transport? Maybe it's...… The Border Mail (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 02.05.2016 New site to critique media's coverage of violence against women A new website examining the media’s reporting of violence against women will also aim to educate journalists about the issue against a...… The Citizen
- 30.04.2016 RSN’s Sporting Women speak to Rayoni Nelson from VicHealth Rayoni Nelson is VicHealth’s Principal Program Officer for Physical Activity, Sport & Healthy Communities, and past Australian Olympian,...… RSN927
- 29.04.2016 Chris Eccles: buy-in through co-design on family violence by Chris Eccles 29.04.2016 comments(0) Share this post Facebook Twitter Google plus Pinterest Linkedin Mail this article Print this...… The Mandarin
- 14.04.2016 Yarriambiack Mayor Ray Kingston delighted with 2016 H3O Challenge success Yarriambiack residents have helped reduce their sugar consumption. YARRIAMBIACK Mayor Ray Kingston has announced the winners of the H3O...… The Wimmera Mail-Times (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 14.04.2016 Sugar tax could save 1600 lives, raise $400 million, Australian research shows A 20 per cent tax on sugar-sweetened beverages could save more than 1600 lives and raise at least $400 million a year for health...… The Age (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News