Select a category from the drop-down menu above to filter results.
Healthy Living Apps Guide
VicHealth ratings guide shows which health and wellbeing apps work best
Physical activity apps that reward you for exercising and mindfulness apps that support users struggling with anxiety and depression are among the top rated apps in the latest VicHealth Healthy Living Apps Guide.
VicHealth's inaugural Leading Thinker initiative shows way towards healthier lifestyle choices
Chief Executive of the UK-based Behavioural Insights Team (BIT), Dr David Halpern, will give a keynote address at the State Library of Victoria today (28 April) as part of his final week as VicHealth’s inaugural Leading Thinker.
VicHealth and Surfing Victoria launch Women's Stand Up Paddleboard Program “Coasting”
Top paddle boarder Heath Meldrum will offer stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) lessons to Victorian women this summer as part of ‘Coasting’, a VicHealth and Surfing Victoria initiative to encourage more women to get active.
In the news
- 22.03.2017 Warrnambool to launch wheelchair basketball program Warrnambool to launch wheelchair basketball program.… The Standard (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 22.03.2017 Port Phillip pedestrians urged to log unsafe locations on WalkSpot interactive map WALK-AHOLICS are urged to share their experiences of pounding Port Phillip’s pavement in a bid to improve...… Herald Sun (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 21.03.2017 'Healthy' bread options can have the most salt Many breads we think of as healthy have an alarming amount of salt, new research has found, with one dark rye sourdough containing twice as...… InDaily
- 21.03.2017 NEW FOCUS ON OLD DRINKERS GENERATION X and Baby Boomers have become the focus of an alcohol culturechange initiative. New research shows...… Herald Sun - ePaper (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 20.03.2017 VIC grants to drive change in baby-boomer drinking cultures Health promotion foundation VicHealth is calling for new ideas to tackle risky drinking cultures in middle-aged and older Victorians as...… SeniorAu
- 17.03.2017 It’s up to all of us to create social harmony Cultural Diversity Week (March 18-24) an opportunity to celebrate Victoria’s vibrant multiculturalism. Cultural...… Sunraysia Daily (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 14.03.2017 Warrnambool council challenges locals to drink water Warrnambool council is challenging residents to drink water instead of sugary drinks for 30 days.… The Standard (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 14.03.2017 “Take Your Biased Lenses Off” AFLW player Mel Hickey tells people who think women’s sport is second best what she really thinks… Women's Health
- 13.03.2017 Women encouraged to get moving AFL Active is a group fitness session that has taken off across that state.… The Advocate - Hepburn (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 06.03.2017 How our Aussie female athletes are embracing International Women’s Day On Wednesday March 8, we celebrate strong, confident and badass women all around the world. It’s International Women’s Day, a time where we...… Women's Fitness
- 03.03.2017 Fun Run: a riotous celebration of endurance - Theatrepeople Victorians are invited to join Fun Run, a riotous celebration of endurance at Arts Centre Melbourne on Sunday 12 March from 4:30pm. Over...… Theatrepeople
- 03.03.2017 Why We’re Fist-Pumping About the Rise of Women’s Sport This International Women’s Day Even if you don’t like watching sport, you will like this… Women's Health
- 02.03.2017 Latrobe Valley's thirst for good health COULD you forgo sugary drinks for 30 days? That's the aim of the VicHealth campaign 'H30 Challenge' which...… Latrobe Valley Express (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
- 01.03.2017 Arts Centre Melbourne presents Fun Run – a riotous celebration of endurance on Sunday 12 March, 4:30pm MELBOURNE, TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2017 – Victorians are invited to join Fun Run, a riotous celebration of endurance at Arts Centre Melbourne...… Impulse Gamer
- 28.02.2017 Push to sub in water in Golden Plains’ thirst BRIEF: Golden Plains mayor Des Phelan is challenging residents to drink more water GOLDEN Plains mayor Des Phelan...… The Courier (Licensed by Copyright Agency)
Updates from Meltwater News