VicHealth’s Gender Equality Through the Arts Project Grant will provide funding to Local Governments working in partnership with arts and creative organisations to run gender equality initiatives.
VicHealth invites local councils across Victoria to apply for a Gender Equality Through the Arts project grant, to raise awareness of and promote gender equality. Grants of up to $85,000* are available for a period of 12 months. Local Government projects will be chosen based on their current established partnerships or potential to collaborate, with arts, cultural and creative sectors and public or private sector partners with the capacity to attract additional expertise, reach and/or funding.
A grant information session will be held at VicHealth for interested and eligible applicants at 10:00am to 11:30am, Thursday 13th December 2018. Morning tea will be provided. Please register your attendance for the information session by Monday 10th December 2018 via the Eventbrite link here.
A list of FAQs will be uploaded to this page after the session.
Eligibility and Process
The funding calls for proposals from local councils who can demonstrate either current or potential partnerships with arts, cultural and creative sectors with the capacity to develop gender equality arts initiatives. Further public or private sector partnerships will be looked upon favourably.
Projects in rural and regional locations are strongly encouraged – particularly in areas of high unemployment or social disadvantage.
To be eligible for the grant, you need to:
- be a Victorian Local Government Authority
- demonstrate the potential to work in partnership with an arts/cultural/creative department or organisation and additional public or private sector partners
- have the ability to undertake the proposed activities within the 12-month funding period
- show a commitment to participate in program evaluation
- have acquitted previous grants awarded to it by VicHealth (to the satisfaction of VicHealth)
Eligible applications will be reviewed by an Assessment Panel. Successful applicants will be notified in early March.
Assessment criteria can be found in the Guidelines.
Before applying, please ensure you have thoroughly read the following key documents:
- Gender Equality Through the Arts Project Grant Guidelines (PDF, 195 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (available after the information session)
- Terms and Conditions (PDF, 184 KB)
- Gender Equality and the Arts evidence review summary
- Budget template (XLS, 303 KB)
- VicHealth Privacy Statement
Click the button below to begin your application.
Gender Equality Through the Arts Project Grant opens
9am, Tuesday 11 December 2018
Grant information session –
Seminar Room 1 and 2
15-31 Pelham Street, Carlton
10am to 11:30am, Thursday 13 December 2018
Gender Equality Through the Arts Project Grant closes
3pm, Friday 8th February 2019
Notification of outcomes
Commencement of VicHealth funding
For questions regarding the grant, these guidelines or the Terms and Conditions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.